It’s nice to see shoppers throng the glittering stores of 5th Ave and jostle one another for better views of the Rockefeller Christmas tree – after stepping out from the disturbing weed-infested city of Will Smith’s Dec blockbuster “I am legend. ” NYC has always been the favorite destination of tinseltown’s disaster-movie-machine and it might be be worth a poll to confirm that New Yorkers appreciate the attention!
Given NYC’s irresistible attractions and superlative shopping delights, isn’t it time to designate it as the world’s official holiday destination? The Times Sq crystal dropping event is already the world’s biggest New year bash. The Rockefeller Christmas tree is the world’s most spectacular holiday tree! The Radiocity Christmas Spectacular is now a tradition – a holiday goodie not to be missed. The world’s largest department stores call the city home. The most exclusive labels and the most enticing bargains find a place here. NYC is already considered America’s chocolate capital and offers myriad lipsmacking options for the gourmet goodies shopper.
How would the official designation help?
– MTA would seriously consider adding more trains to help ease holiday traffic – by sticking to a regular schedule even on weekends for all of December
– Globally, people would find a reason to celebrate their holidays in NYC atleast once in their lifetime. The international tourist needs to feel more welcome in NYC.
– The holidays would be more about enjoying NYC’s famous attractions rather than getting shoved around by milling shoppers everywhere you go. The city would think of ways to manage crowds (overcrowding is a serious epidemic in NYC on a normal day)
– Airlines would do more to catch up with hotels in the quality and performance of service in and out of New York
– Restaurants would serve up innovative fare during the holidays rather than dish out the standard year-round menus. A holiday city deserves a special menu, complete with local NYC culinary delights
It’s about time NYC got some credit for being the crown jewel of holiday adventures – as the one and only city people anywhere in the world could call home.